This post is dedicated to Christine (Phoenix Revolution) who awarded me with my first bloggin award ever. I am super excited about it.
There are these rules that go along with geting an award so here goes.
ver•sa•tile [vur-suh-tl or, especially Brit., -tahyl] –adjective
2. having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3. Botany . attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an anther.
4. Zoology . turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5. variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.
Truth be told, I didn't know a toe could do that.
Rules, the rules for the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person giving the award [THANK YOU Christine!]
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
Firstly, I don't know that I have 7 things to share about myself. I talk about me all the time, I can't imagine that there's more to reveal, but here goes...
Thing #1. I totally just thought about Dr Suess just now. That's not my "thing" but I'm sharing anyway.
On to my "Thing"...I'm left handed. I don't know why I picked that as my first "thing" but there ya go. I still think I would have scored higher on my ACT if I would have had a left-handed desk. The testing room only had desks for Righties. The bastards. Speaking of those damned desks, I seriously doubt that my fat ass and stomach would be able to fit in one of them today. But, I'm not bitter.
Thing #2. My list of desired occupations as I was growing up: A Nun (Yes, Nun-hey, I was raised Catholic. What do you expect?!?!). An Architect. An Actress. An Author. An Attorney. Apparently, I had a thing for jobs beginning with the letter A. For the record, I am none of those things today. Well, except maybe for the author part. But you don't know who I am so I don't think it counts.
Thing #3. I am an artistic spirit. I paint. I take pictures. I design and create jewelry. I love entertaining (which I do consider an art form). I worked as a make-up artist for a few years, too. I love art. If I won the lottery, I'd dedicate my time to my artistic expressions. That, and I'd get a boob job. But you already know that.
Thing #4. Hmm. See, I'm already running out of things to share. I have a tattoo. I designed it. It's on my outer right thigh. It's a tribal sun moon and star and takes up as much space as my entire hand (7.5 inches long and 3.9 inches across). I consider it a work in progress. I won't add to it until I lose weight, though, for fear of "shifting".
Thing #5. I have a horrible memory. All I can say is "drugs are bad, mmmkay?".
Thing #6. I really have to be motivated to go to the bathroom. I can think I have to go to the bathroom and then realize an hour later I haven't gone. I've always been like that. I will most likely have to wear adult diapers because of it.
Thing #7. I was just motivated to go to the bathroom.
*******OK. Now on to my 15 "newly discovered" nominees.....All of which, BTW, are weightloss bloggin babies. While these may be some oldies but goodies to you, I've only just added them to my reading list.
1: Fat Girl vs World (at) I go through life in inches and pounds. I really like her kick ass and take names attitude. It's great!
2: Lor (at) Lighten Up, Lor!. She's funny. And she writes mostly in lower case. I find this facinating.
3. Jules (at) Big Girl Bombshell. She just makes me happy. From the moment I click onto her page I smile. She's thoughtful with what she posts, too.
4. Angela Pea (at) Keeping The Faith - Skinny Me! Also inspirational. And she's a real encourager. We all need encouragement.
5. Suzi Storm (at) Ok, Just One More Beer. Aside from the fact that I know she could go toe-to-toe with me and adult beverages, she's just freakin awesome. She's on the other side of the journey. The side where she's more maintaining and polishing than losing. That's a real motivator. Sometimes I heart her so much I almost hate her. (just kidding!)
6. New Me (at) 253 to New Me. She's a newbie. And she's doing great!
7. Kat (at) Kat Does Diets. She's a new favorite of mine, too. Especially on twitter.
8. MissSarahlou (at) Super-Duper-Cali-Fragi-Listic-Expeali-Docious. I had to copy and paste that. She's awesome and encouraging.
9. Tricia (at) Endurance Isn't Only Physical. She's another one that's made it to the maintain and polish stage.
10. Amanda (at) It's All About The Walls. I didn't list Amanda first because she and I have been bloggin buddies For-Ever. I love love love her snarkiness and she's a faithful reader/commenter. She also leaves wicked entertaining comments.
11. Drazil (at) It's just Me, Drazil & Sheniqua.... Not only is her name Lizard spelled backwards, but she's freakin funny too! (also not a "new" discovery, but one I heart a lot)
12. Dani (at) Well-Rounded Woman. She's another encourager.
13. Stephen (at) Who Ate My Blog? I've been following him since my bloggin beginning. If you don't know about him, you should. He's such an inspiration!
14. MrsFatAss (at) Did I Just Eat That Out Loud? Sure, everybody knows her, but she's been an addition in my book for only a few months. Also a great read.
15. Julia (at) JewliaGoulia. She just hit her 100 lb lost HUGE milestone and I am so glad I was there to watch it happen!
I follow so many others, but these are the ones that are new on my list (mostly).
Ok. There you have it. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!