Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A BIG F-***-ING DEAL

03/23/10

296.6 lbs

In the immortal words of our US VP...

THIS IS A BIG F-***-ING DEAL.  This isn't funny.  And neither is the other, but that's a whole 'nother blog.

Ok, yes.  Right now, I am weighing at night.  After I eat.  And drink.  Lots and lots of decaffeinated tea sweetened with Splenda.  I am getting up in the middle of the night to take a little bathroom break.  I think this is better for my kidneys, but I could be wrong.   Eh, 12 hours of gravity may be adding an additional 3.3 lbs.  Dear lord I hope it's not real weight. I'm also not going to state the obvious and say this is the MOST I've ever weighed and never would I have imagined I could weigh this much.  No wonder my knees ache when I walk up The Steps.

I watched The Biggest Loser tonight.  I watched this group bike a marathon.  By the 26.2 mile marker, I was practically jumping up and down on Oprah's couch.  I wanted to jump on a bike and do the same thing.  And then I got on the scale.  Holy crap.

I watched Kirstie Alley's Big Life last night.  It was really good.  She's funny.  She wonders, though, why everyone focuses on her weight.  I personally think it's because she's made a big deal about her weight.  I am proud of her because she's really doing something.  She's hired a personal trainer and has a "chubby buddy" who works out with her.  I think he gets paid to do it, though.

I am also all about this new Jamie Oliver Food Revolution thing. I think health should start young.  And with Parents too.  And with schools. 

There's a bunch of stuff all over the place right now that is all about being right.  Doing right.  Eating and living right.  I am excited about it and I hope it helps.  I need to get back down to when I thought I was just fat.

-jafg

Bookmark and Share

No comments: