Friday, August 14, 2009

Soy Joy

08/14/09

283.2 lbs

Hmmph.


I had fun last night! I had pizza for dinner. With pepperoni and sausage and mushroom. My favorite. I didn't gorge on it like I could have. Two pieces with dinner and one piece later as a "midnight snack". I may have had a few cocktails. I didn't drive. You shouldn't either if you partake of libations.

I also had some friendship bread with my midnight snack. And a glass of soymilk. Thank GOD for soymilk. I'm not joking when I say that either. I brought some with me to work this morning. Actually, the whole half gallon. I find it soothing on days like this. It's cool and refreshing.

When I first was introduced to soy milk, I was skeptical. I bucked up and picked up the glass that was poured for me, gave it a sniff, and then took my first drink. It was vanilla soymilk. It was nutty and sweet and just plain delish. That's when I became a convert.

I couldn't get enough. I still can't. I read the ingredient list one day and realized that Vanilla SM has a lot of sugar. Not surprising, just something I'd not really thought about before. I branched out to Plain SM. I don't buy the "light" versions, because they lose the word 'organic' when they add the word 'light' and they also get ingredients I have to "sound out". Hooked on Phonics Worked for Me! Sorry. It just happened. Anyway. I'll opt for less ingredients for more fat or calories any time. Well, I do use Splenda.

I have no real insights on the world of weight today. I think everyone, fat or skinny, generally feels like shite the day after a night of one too many.


-jafg

P.S.
I'm not taking the stairs at work today.



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

She-Fit said...

I love soy milk... have you ever tried Almond Milk. I just switched from Soy Milk and I think it's 10 times better! You should try it sometime if you haven't.

Angie said...

On your recommendation I may have to try soy milk. I use to give it to my kids, but never dared try it myself. I know that is weird, but they liked it and I felt like "mom of the year" for giving it to them. lol

Angie

I'm Just Another Fat Girl -jafg said...

She-Fit,

I have tried almond milk. I tried it once at one of my uber-fit friend's house. I wasn't as fond of it as I am of the Soy. I will branch out again, though, and give it another try.

Angie,

You don't know what you're missing! I can't live without soymilk. Really. I buy Silk (plain) most of the time, but occasionally will buy the "storebrand" if there's a good sale on it.

Thanks for the comments, Lovelies!

-jafg