Monday, August 3, 2009

Superficial Perspective

Often we forget that there are things out there that surpass the superficial. Superficial is in your face all the time. Well, Superficial, meet Perspective.

I've been following a blog called "Prior Fat Girl". It's very insperational and motivational. It's a story of one woman's two year journey to lose 100 lbs. She had a goal of August 1, 2009. She had 1.6 lbs left. We were all cheering for her and wanted to celebrate her victory.

I logged on today to find something that was so far from celebration. A tragic accident that reached right out from the words I read and slapped me in the face. Just 12 hours before her goal day arrived, she lost her mother in a car accident.

I'm not posting my weight today, there are more important things to think about. Remember to love those around you. Take time to smile more, take time to engage more; interact more. Remember that, in a blink of an eye, everything can change.

Jen, my heart is saddened for you and your family. I can't imagine what you feel and am so thankful I don't know it first-hand.

Mom-I love you more than words can say!


-jafg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too, sweetie! It is true, we are never guaranteed anything, except death. This is a reality to remember to live each day the best we can and always to remember to let those closest to you know how you feel about them. I love you, my precious daughter!
MOM

Peace Turkey said...

Wandered on over from PriorFatGirl's comments section where I saw your comment. (Poor Jen. My heart aches for her.)

It's nice to have a blog network of women who are embarking on a healthier lifestyle.

I joined a gym this morning on my way to work after a 1.5 yr absence from the gym and a subsequent 30 pound weight gain. (I'm now at 228) I woke up this morning and thought "THAT'S IT! I walk past that gym every day on the walk to work, I'm gonna join it!"

So that's where I'm at now. 30 pounds to lose to get back to where I was 2 yrs ago (ugh)and then another 30 to go to get to my 170 target!

I hope you keep blogging! It's so motivational to know I'm not the only one who stuggles with food and weight issues!

Stay strong and I hope you found the motivation to take the stairs all day today! :-D

I'm Just Another Fat Girl -jafg said...

I'm sorry we're making the introductions under such unfortunate circumstances, Peace Turkey, but I'm glad to have the new friend!

Congrats on the Gym Membership and kudos for walking to work!

-jafg

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

slowly catching up but wanted to stop by and thank you truly from the bottom of my heart for stopping to tell your mom you love her. I am confident my mom knew I loved her but I am so much more a believer now more then ever that we can never tell each other that enough. Thank you for your kind words & encouragement over the past week - I am beyond grateful and am glad to call you my friend.