Thursday, August 13, 2009

There's Really No Point

08/13/09

281.4 lbs

Holding steady.

I really love chicken salad. And bananas rolled in cinamon. If you haven't tried that, you should. If you're feeling REALLY daring, try a little sprinkling of nutmeg on some watermelon. MMMMM-MMMMM!

I'm socializing with Athletic Skinny Girl tonight. I wonder if that means dinner, too. I've not been as tight about what I eat. I splurged on a chicken salad 5-foot long roll-up yesterday with avacado and cashews. It wasn't really 5-foot long, but you get the picture. Today, chicken salad and fruit plate. YUMMMM. The mayo is not low-fat. The fruit, while it does contain fiber, also has a high sugar content. Dinner for the past two nights have had both rice and 1/2 a sweet potato.

This morning, I had a sausage-and-cheese-bagel-dog-thing (about the length of my index finger) and a slice of someone's Friendship Bread. Yeah, it's time to make that stuff again. I'm bringing mine to work tomorrow and leaving it downstairs. Damn Friendship Bread.

I'm dwelling on food. Food Glorious Food. If you say the word a lot, it starts to sound funny. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. Food. I could say the same thing about the word Nibble. Nibble. Nibble. Nibble. This is a really intelligent train of thought.

Moving on. I've got a pool that I can use and a gym that I can use and even a personal trainer than I can use as part of my concierge service where I live. The kicker? It's all at no additional cost to me. Why aren't I using these services? Well, I hate being in a bathing suit. I don't get up early enough to go to the gym when no one's there. I should try, I guess. But, I love my sleep and morning cigarette more.

I'm full of rationalizations today. I can rationalize my way out of anything. It even sounds good, too! Like, I could completely convince you to think like me if I tried hard enough. It's a gift. And a curse. (I love MONK)

-jafg

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

just found your blog and you're doing great! keep it up and I know you'll get there. and friendship bread... I haven't had that in YEARS!!!

Anonymous said...

no comment

CurvasPeligrosas said...

Hello~
I just started reading your blog today, and I started from the very 1st blog and hopefully will be done with all of them thru the weekend. Just curious how do you cook the sweet potato?

I'm Just Another Fat Girl -jafg said...

How-D Curvas-P!

So glad to make your acquaintance! I am truly flattered that you're taking the time to read all my posts. I re-read this one and realized just how far I've come. Thanks for reminding me!

I cook my sweet potats in the microwave. I just wrap them in saran wrap, poke em a few times with a fork or knife and then cook for abt 3 to 8 mins depending on the size. I use a little little it of real butter or as of late, use I can't believe it's not butter spray and a tiny bit of salt. Sometimes I just eat them plain. I heart a sweet potato very much and it is a GREAT complex carb.

Looking forward to interacting with you along your journey! And thanks so much for reading and following mine!

-jafg