Monday, August 31, 2009

Which Way Did She Go, George?

08/31/09

285.2 lbs

Hmm.  I just realized I've been doing this whole tracking thing for a month.  Technically, I've lost 2 lbs.  2.    > :-|   I don't know what I think about this.

I have gained a few iFriends. As a matter of fact, I'm totally plagiarizing "iFriends" from Jen is Zen who was one of my first real followers.  It's a cute phrase, right?  Anyway, I really enjoy coming to my blog and scrolling to see all the updates.  I've missed a lot.  A LOT.  I really hate that, it's so hard to catch up. 

Catching up is hard to do. It's hard to catch up with "back on track".  It's hard to catch up with "eating right".  It's hard to catch up with "exercise".  I fell down and scraped my proverbial knees a few weeks ago and just haven't managed to catch up with Momentum.  The bitch is a lot faster than I am.  Once I lost her, I just can't seem to get her to slow down again so I can catch up!  I need help finding her again.  I need to find some Motivation along the way and hop back on Momentum's train, throw my arms out to the side and feel the wind in my hair "I'm Queen of the World!" style, ya know?  Maybe even get a little theme song action in the background...Who knows.  BUT...I have lost 2 very real lbs. 

In honor of my one-month anny, let's look at some positives.  I do take the stairs at work more often than anything else!  Go Me! I do try to eat healthier and snack less at work.  Some days are better than others and some are worse than I'd care to admit.  Chalking this up to a daily struggle, but hey, that's ok.  I've stopped my ice cream consumption almost comlpletely.  Sad, I know.  I miss ice cream a lot.  Snicker Bar? Still an occasional visitor.  So is Mr. Pibb. 

All in all, there have been some changes that have stuck.  This is progress.  Slow, oh so damn slow; but still,  Progress, nonetheless.  I wonder what next month will reveal.  My Fat and I have come to an understanding.  I don't think there's a line in the sand, yet.  But it's coming.  OOOhhhh, it's coming.

-jafg



Bookmark and Share

No comments: